Sorin joined Biriş Goran in 2008 as a senior tax consultant, having practiced as a tax and finance consultant since 2004. As a key member of the Tax team, Sorin takes primary responsibility for numerous client files, including maintaining communication with tax authorities, involving contestations, on-site assistance to clients during tax audits, and various taxation and compliance queries – all across a wide array of client industries. Among his specialties include indirect taxation as well as accounting matters.
Sorin is an active member of the Romanian Chamber of Fiscal Consultants and a member of the Romanian Chamber of Certified Accountants.
Outside the office, Sorin participates in triathlons, with particular strength in distance swimming.
*Sorin is a tax consultant and is not licensed to practise law.
Certified Tax Consultant (2007)
Certified Accountant (2010)
• Ongoing tax assistance MHS Truck and Bus;
• Assisted Romaqua in a tax audit concerning VAT and corporate tax issues;
• Tax advisor to Portland Trust, one of the most important real estate developers on the Romanian market, with regards to assistance in court on VAT recovery during the investment phase for their landmark project, Pipera Business Park;
• Ongoing assistance to Wirom, one of the leading Romanian players in the Romanian natural gas distribution field, in all aspects of fiscal legislation, from profit tax to VAT and excise duties. The tax group sucesfully assisted Wirom in a major dispute with the tax authorities that confirmed the operating procedure of all major natural gas distributors on the market;
• Ongoing assistance to Monsson Group with day-to-day tax and business matters as well as with company restructuring;
• Ongoing tax assistance to Cosmetics Oriflame Romania, an EU-based global cosmetics company, with respect to a tax assessment arising from a change in the company’s management, assisted the client in the implementation of a new sales system;
• Ongoing tax assistance to Tinmar, a leading Romanian energy and natural resources concern, and Red Bull Romania, providing day-to-day tax advice on all aspects related to their Romanian operations.
• Senior Tax Consultant, TPA Horwath Quintus (2006 – 2007)
• Senior Accountant, TPA Horwath Quintus (2004 – 2006)
• Bucharest University of Economic Studies (Finance Degree, 1999)
• “The Inward Investment and International Taxation Review” 2011, 2012 and 2013 editions, Law Business Research
• “Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions” (Romania chapter – 2010 and 2012 editions), Wolters Kluwer
• “Tax Planning Manual for Corporations” – Romania 2008, CCH