Sorin Predescu is an Associate in the Bucharest office, specialising on regulatory and commercial matters relevant to the Gambling, Insurance, Pharma and Tech sectors.
– Advising one of the world’s most popular online gambling operators & platform providers on its day-to-day compliance and regulatory matters, including assistance on the annual re-authorisations and representation in front of the Romanian regulator.
– Assisting an international full-service provider in the gambling industry on anti-money laundering compliance issues, including updating the AML policies as per the 4th AML Directive requirements.
– Advising several B2B operators in the gambling industry for setting up their local businesses and on a broad range of regulatory and licensing issues.
– Advising one of the world’s leading insurers on Romanian life and non-life insurance regulatory matters.
– Advising a large general insurance company on commission schemes and inducements.
– Reviewing a W&I policy for a specialist W&I insurance company for compliance with local requirements.
– Advising an American-Israeli pharmaceutical company regarding the national legal and regulatory framework on Bolar and Experimental Use Exemptions.
– Advising a Japanese pharmaceutical company on their allocation in the COVID-19 vaccination phases and priority groups.
– Advising a provider of D2C testing services in relation to the regulatory classification of their COVID-19 test kits as in-vitro diagnostic medical devices.
– Assisting the local branch of an American multinational technology company regarding a transfer of business.
– Representing a German producer of luxury motor vehicles against product.
Memberships & Roles
Bucharest Bar Association
2020 – iGaming, RG and AML Course, University of Gibraltar, online
2019 – Core Curriculum Session, CMS Academy, Paris
2019 – National Institute for Training of Lawyers, INPPA, Bucharest
2018 – LL.M., University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law, Bucharest
2017 – LL.B., University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law, Bucharest