Rodica Manea is a partner in the Corporate and M&A Team in Romania with extensive experience in international and domestic mergers & acquisitions, private equity, complex corporate transactions, capitalisations, investment and general contract matters (e.g. joint ventures, partnerships and shareholders’ agreements), as well as regulatory compliance.
With over 18 years’ experience, Rodica has a particular focus on transactions in the financial institutions and services sector and in the manufacturing and consumer products sectors. Rodica has advised a wide variety of international clients on transactional and regulatory matters with respect to their acquisitions or divestments in Romania and has worked on some of the most significant M&A deals in Romania in recent years.
Rodica also leads the corporate practice of our dedicated team of restructuring lawyers, advising all types of stakeholders involved in, or impacted by, financial restructuring and corporate insolvency situations. She has a strong track record of assisting a broad spectrum of clients on national and cross-border restructurings, having extensive experience in corporate reorganisations and post-acquisition restructuring projects.
– A CEE private equity firm on two market transforming transactions in the Romanian optical sector: the acquisition of the leading retail and distributor on the Romanian optical market and the add-on acquisition of the number 2 player in the Romanian optical retail market.
– One of the largest and most experienced global private equity firms on the sale of a Romania paint producer.
– Two business divisions of a global technology group, with respect to their key strategic acquisitions of two Romanian distributors.
A Fortune 100 company on the Romanian element of the large global sale of its friction materials business, involving a large manufacturing plant in Romania.
– A leading bank of the private sector in Greece and the second largest commercial bank in Greece, on the sale of a large-scale portfolio of corporate and retail non-performing and sub-performing loans.
– A Fortune 500 company and one of the largest global providers of insurance, annuities, and employee benefit programs, on the cross-border merger of its Romanian insurance company into an Irish company and a related complex intra-group restructuring in order to continue its operation by way of two branches in Romania, including the related change in the ownership structure of two pension and insurance training subsidiaries in Romania.
– A robust Greek financial organisation on (i) the sale of its Romanian insurance business and (ii) a high-value sale of a non-performing portfolio of consumer unsecured loans in Romania.
– One of the biggest commercial banks in Hungary in relation to a number of divestments in Romania including (i) the sale of its debt factoring business in Romania, (ii) the sale of its majority stake in its Romanian bank, and (iii) the divestment of its Romanian leasing subsidiary, as part of the bank’s strategic exit from the Romanian market.
– A leading global investment manager focused on infrastructure and real estate on its entrance on the Romanian market through the acquisition of 50% of the shares of a Romanian company operating a warehouse complex in Romania.
Memberships & Roles
Member of the Bucharest Bar Association.
2002 – LLM in Business Law from the University of Sorbonne and Romanian Business Law Institute
1999 – BA in law from the University of Bucharest, Romania