Since 2012, Mihnea has been practicing law as a member of the Bucharest Bar Association and has been part of top litigation teams such as those of Răzvan Dincă & Asociații (2012-2014) and Popovici Niţu Stoica & Asociații (2015-2016). The experience gained by dealing with important projects in these valuable collectives enabled him to start his own practice in 2016, which eventually merged with Cristian’s in 2017.
Mihnea’s international experience also comprises the participation in 2015 at the International Internship organised by the Paris Bar Association, as a result of a scholarship jointly granted by this association and the French Embassy in Bucharest, in cooperation with the Romanian Bar Association. For a period of two months, Mihnea attended the classes of EFB (L’Ecole de Formation du Barreau de Paris) and worked as an intern for Three Crowns LLP at its offices in Paris, becoming familiar with investment arbitration and international commercial arbitration at their highest level. In the same context, Mihnea participated in the Mario Stasi international pleading contest and qualified for its final, where he was honoured to receive the jury’s special price.
From a professional standpoint, Mihnea has been involved in various projects such as:
- Successfully representing clients in public procurement proceedings, either by preserving the result of the procedure or by annulling it;
- Advising and representing major foreign road infrastructure developers in pre-arbitral and arbitral proceedings against the local state-owned employer;
- Successfully representing clients in real estate disputes, including property recovery and protection or denial of in rem rights;
- Advising a local leader in the luxury food services sector in matters regarding its business both in Romania and across Europe;
- Representing a leading Romanian construction company in multiple public procurement related disputes;
- Advising and representing a major investment fund – minority shareholder in multiple state-controlled companies – in both corporate and administrative disputes;
- Successfully representing a state-controlled company in obtaining a provisional stay of the enforcement measures directed against it;
- Advising a major foreign investor on corporate and contractual matters pertaining to a dispute arising from the development of a real estate project;
- Successfully representing a leading local bank in various disputes (debt recovery, real estate and multiple contractual related disputes).