Judge Panzani has been President of the Court of Appeal of Rome since 2014 to February 2020, President of the First Instance Court of Torino, judge of the First Chamber of the Supreme Court of Cassazione. He was President of the Tribunal of Alba ( Italy) and bankruptcy judge of the Torino Court for many years.
Judge Panzani is expert in commercial and company law and in competition law. He served for more than forty years as judge in commercial and civil cases. Often called as teacher in advanced specialisation stages of judges. He was member of the Committee appointed in February 2015 and again in 2017 from the Ministry of Justice to update the Italian Insolvency Law.
Contributor of many law Italian reviews and author of many publications in insolvency and company law. He is Member of the Scientific Committee of the Italian bankruptcy review “Il Fallimento” published by Wolters Kluwer. He has been teacher in the Universities of Torino, Rome and Siena and also in Nicaragua, Russia, Romania and U.S.A. ( Arizona).
Judge Panzani is frequently called as speaker in meetings on insolvency law in Italy and abroad.
Publications of Interest (only English publications):
– Italian Bankruptcy Law Reform: Act III , Norton Annual Review of International Insolvency, West Publications, (January 2009)
– Cooperation Between Courts in Italy, (June 2011), in www.iiiglobal.org
– In Italian ( only the most recent between the principal works): Fallimento e altre procedure concorsuali ( diretto con Fauceglia Giuseppe), Torino, 2009, vol. I-III.
– Le nuove s.p.a. diretto da O. Cagnasso e L.Panzani, Bologna, 2010, voll. I – II.
– Il Fallimento e le altre procedure concorsuali , diretto da L. Panzani, Torino, 2012, 2a edizione, voll. I-IV
– Società a responsabilità limitata ne La giurisprudenza sul codice civile diretta da C.Ruperto e coordinata da S.Ruperto, nuova ed., Milano, 2012.
– Trattato Le nuove s.p.a. diretto da O. Cagnasso e L. Panzani, Bologna, dal 2012, in otto volumi. Sono già usciti i volumi: I Le spa. Profili comparatistici. La costituzione (2013). II. Azioni. Strumenti finanziari partecipativi. Obbligazioni (2013) IV. I sistemi di amministrazione e controllo (2012). V. Il bilancio (2012). VIII Le società bancarie (2015).
– Trattato Crisi d’impresa e procedure concorsuali, diretto da O. Cagnasso e L. Panzani, I-II-III vol., 2017, Torino, pp. 4.700.
Member of International Insolvency Institute, Member of Insol Europe; Fellow of the American College of Bankruptcy, Member of the I.E.E.I.