Ion Croitoru graduated Faculty of Law of the University of Bucharest in June 2014. He joined our team in February 2015, in order to further boost his expertise in several areas, including litigation, contract law, real estate and insolvency proceedings.
As an undergraduate, he spent two years as a trainee, during which he was involved in various civil and commercial law projects, such as assisting clients in insolvency proceedings, debt recovery trials, real estate litigation or drafting civil contracts.
Since joining our team, Ion has chiefly worked in international commercial arbitration proceedings and insolvency, civil, commercial, energy and intellectual property cases. He has also shown interest in several other areas, such as gaming law, cyberspace (Internet) law or fiscal law.
The most prominent projects he has been involved in are:
– drafting expert reports in international commercial arbitration proceedings concerning several disputes between a Romanian state company and Austrian, German and Swiss contractors;
– drafting expert reports in an international commercial arbitration case between two leading Spanish and Italian contractors and a Romanian designer;
– advising two major Romanian commercial banks on debt recovery strategies against a famous Romanian businessman;
– successfully representing one of the most important commercial banks in Romania in insolvency proceedings and challenges on enforcement;
advising a major Romanian commercial bank on various legal issues regarding digital signatures and Internet law;
– representing a leading Romanian commercial bank in litigation against a Romanian state company.
February 2015 – to date: Associate, Răzvan Dincă & Asociații SCA
February 2012 – May 2014: Intern, C.I. „Petru Mircea”
Law Degree – University of Bucharest (2014)