Dr. Harsh Pathak is MBA, LL.B., Ph.D. in International Laws, duly registered as an Advocate with Bar Council of India and Bar Member of the Supreme Court of India. Dr. Pathak is in active practice for last 15 years, as an Advocate of “Public and Private Laws”, Standing Counsel for Constitutional Bodies and also a former Panel Counsel for Government of India in Supreme Court of India.
Dr. Pathak has nurtured a distinct professional specialisation over the period of time in constitutional and regulatory matters, administrative laws and public policy, constitutional bodies and institution, educational institutions and regulations, natural resources allocation and statutory compliances, contractual matter, compliance, infrastructure, service laws, civil and criminal proceedings, so can provide clients with a wide variety of services that are attuned to their objectives and legal compliances. The depth of continuous legal expertise, combined with wide-ranging experience in public policy, corporate compliance, active litigation, advisory to government and private organisations has recognized dr. Pathak as forerunners in the field of lawyering and consulting for laws in India and overseas.
Areas of work
Public and Private laws, Regulatory issues, On compliance of the Act and Rules, Arbitration proceedings, Litigation Proceedings before the administrative/Quasi Judicial Authority/High Court/Supreme Court, advisory and compliance on International laws, Business contracts, drafting legal documents (Civil/Criminal, Due-diligence, Memorandum of Understanding, Agreements, deeds, Speaking on these issues at national and international conferences and in academic institutions, Natural resources and public policy, Vetting and drafting of policy frameworks and opinions, Expert advice on laws, development and regulation issues, Negotiation and preparation of joint venture agreements, agreements relating to native title issues and other agreements as per regulations and requirement of the industry.
Counsel Practice / Litigation
– Supreme Court: Counsel for Public Service Commissions of Madhya Pradesh.
– Supreme Court: Counsel for Public Service Commissions of Chhatisgarh.
– Counsel for Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) before Supreme Court / High Court / Arbitration matters and for solicitation.
– Counsel for Manganese Ore India Limited (MOIL) before Supreme Court / High Court / Arbitration matters and for solicitation.
– Counsel for Central University (Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya, Bilaspur, CG) before Supreme Court for legal matters related to institution.
– Qualified and recognized as Counsel for Arbitration and as Qualified Arbitrator by “International Council of Alternate Dispute Resolution (ICADR) on Institutional, Administrative, Public and Private Laws.
– As Compliances attorney for the South East Asia by Heuser and Collagen, Frankfort Germany, since 2006
– Counsel for Natural Resource Laws by Asia Mining Congress, Singapore and Mines International Publication, London, since 2008
Public Interest litigation (PIL)
Dr. Pathak is strong Votary of social Reforms and initiated as Petitioner of internationally admired Public Interest Litigation on ‘Right to Privacy’ and Data Protection Laws in India. PIL raising the issue of ‘Unsolicited Telemarketing Calls’ under Telegraph, Information Technology, Cyber and International laws. In some of the national/international news-papers and forums considered as a pioneer of ‘Privacy Laws in India’. On a regular basis appeared in print and electronic media on above mentioned issues and debates.
PIL on Witness Protection Plan, Prevention of infant visual disability and Electoral Reforms, Environment Conservation etc are to name a few for the cause of welfare.
Legal consulting, documentation and due diligence has been done from India for US, UK, Russia, China and African countries and has visited United States of America, Australia, Mauritius, Belgium, Romania, UAE, Malaysia, Singapore, HongKong, Thailand, Cyprus, Kenya and Zambia for offshore legal/solicitation/due diligence/ litigation assignments on Public Laws and Natural Resource Laws.
Honored with Professional Group Study Exchange Scholar (PGSES), a Rotary International Fellowship (2003-04) to Malaysia and Singapore for professional excellence. Worked closely with the leading law and management firms in Kuala Lumpur & Singapore, exposed to statutory and quality standardization of the firms, corporate governance, due diligence, mediation, intellectual property rights, WTO norms compliance etc.
International Business Strategy ,Laws and Globalization, “Strategic Management of International Business Operation” as Commonwealth Scholar.
The concept of globalization in the light of International Laws has been comprehensively analyzed and researched as commonwealth scholar under the able guidance of faculty and resources of South East Asian Universities as host university at Singapore along with resources analysis at Delhi University, British Counsel, American Study Centre, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Export Promotion Counsel under Faculty of Management Studie ,University of Jabalpur with multidisciplinary approach to Global Business concept.
Publication of a Book: as an author
A book edited and compiled on ‘Organisational Change’ is publishes and recognized as an Author by the Pearson Publication Singapore. Reference to this book is mentioned in international research papers published in USA, UK, and India.
– Member of the “Bhopal Gas Tragedy Legal Assessment Committee” constituted by the State of Madhya Pradesh, 2010
– Member Core committee on “Electoral Reforms 2011-2012” of the Ministry of Law and Justice, Government of India
– Resource Person on“Right to Information” for Good Governance for the exchange programme of Ministry of External Affairs for the policy officials of 24 countries. In New Delhi, September, 2014
– Organizing Secretary “FRENCH INDIAN LAWYERS ASSOCIATION” (FILA).
– Joint Secretary “SOUTH ASIAN CULTURE ASSOCIATION” (SACA).
– Panel Counsel of ‘Employees Provident Fund’ GOI , in the Supreme Court.
– Secretary “Indian Atlantic Pacific Law Association.” (IAPLA)
– Member , Mines & Money International, London (UK).
– Member Supreme Court Bar Association, India, New Delhi.
– Vice President of “Jawahar Lal Nehru Hockey Tournament Society”
– Resource / Guest Faculty International Management Institute (IMI) Qutub Institutional Area, Delhi.
– Resource / Judge “Moot Court” and “Arbitration Moot Court” final(s) of Amity University, Noida.
– Member Scientific Committee of “Society of Juridical and Administrative Sciences” Bucharest, Romania.
– Harvard International Arbitration Law School , Resource on Bilateral Investment/Arbitration Treaties and International Arbitration proceedings.
– On Anti Corruption and compliance in international projects (2013-2014) Juridical Tribune Journal, Scientific Committee of East Europe
– On International Trade Transaction and Taxation (2014-2015 Australian Law Journal)
– On International Alternate Dispute Resolution Forum (2015-2016 American Law Journal)
– On Constitutional Matter and Writ Jurisdiction (2016 European Law Journal) Constitutional Law Review
International / Cultural
– Member India International Center (IIC), New Delhi.
– Member Narbada Club, Jabapur (MP).
Conference attended as invitee
– Harvard International Arbitration Law School (HIALS) “International Arbitration and Investment / Arbitrational Treaties, challenges and future”, Harvard University, Boston (USA) 29/30 March 2017.
– As speaker in Australian Middle East International Conference 17/18 April 2016 in Dubai (UAE) on „Commercial disputes and Arbitration „.
– As Speaker in “Business law Conference” on 24/25.09.2014 in Singapore on “International Construction Projects and Double Taxation Avoidance’ Treaty”.
– As Speaker in “ International Business Law Conference” on international public laws , “Compliances and Corruption in International Projects”, Bucharest, 15th November 2013
– As Speaker in “Corruption and Compliance is South & South East Asia” 17th September 2013. Singapore 2013
„Perspectives of Business Law in the Third Millennium”, Scientific paper on “Alternate Dispute Resolution” November 2012. Law Department, Bucharest University, Romania
– Asia Mining Congress, Singapore , March 2012
– International Trade Laws, by USIBC, New Delhi 2011
– International Médiation conférence 2010, Hong Kong, organized by Hong Kong International Arbitration Center.
– Mines and Money, International Conference 2010, Hong Kong.
– As speaker on ‘Impending Indian Mining Laws and Foreign Investment in Mines and Mineral. Mines and Money, International Conference 2008, Hong Kong.
– As speaker on ‘Impending Indian Mining Laws and Foreign Investment in Mines and Mineral. Data protection and privacy laws in South East Asia. LAW ASIA Conference Oct-Nov 2008 in Malaysia invited as Keynote speaker on aforesaid topic.
– Foreign direct investment compliance in infrastructural projects and legal requirement. Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce International Conference Nov. 2007
– Alternate dispute resolution procedure and practice in international trade disputes. Afro Asian Trade Forum, Nairobi, Kenya, Sept. 2007
– Emerging trends in Compliance of Environmental Laws. SCBA Conference, June 2007 New Delhi
– Data protection and provisions of Information technologies laws. ISPIM International Conference, Nov 2006
Public Interest Litigation and concept of welfare state.International Law Association Conference, Nov 2006, New Delhi
– Environment protection laws and conservation of Forest under Forest Act. Green Peace conference. Oct .2005
– Relevance of Anti-Trust, Competition & Monopolistic Restrictive Trade. Practice laws in developing free and fair competition in international market.
– Chamber of Industries and Commerce Summit, Mumbai 2005
– WTO norms compliance in trade and commerce in South East Asia, Rotary international conference on globalization of trade and commerce, Singapore/ Malaysia, Dec. 2004.
– Actively participated as volunteer to work related to health care, environment, education and conservation of natural and heritage sites. “Mission Rahat” a joint venture initiative of Rotary International, Government of Madhya Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh Foundation for organising the advance medical checkup and medical intervention project in the Tribal Areas with the objective of providing the best health care facilities to people in remote areas. Also work for Environment, community welfare, art conservation and promotion among children and for conservation / awareness related to heritage sites.
– Enrolled as Advocate with Bar Council of Madhya Pradesh, 2001.
– Member Supreme Court Bar Association since, 2005.
– Member Bar of International Advocates enrolled, 2014.
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com