Elena Andrei is a senior associate in the Corporate team in Romania, with a great deal of experience in domestic and cross-border mergers & acquisitions. She advised a variety of international clients on transactional, corporate and regulatory matters with respect to their acquisitions, divestments or restructuring in Romania. Her practice includes mergers & acquisitions, capital markets, employment and commercial issues. Elena was seconded to CMS London (from January to June 2018) where she was involved on a wide range of EU and international matters which entailed the coordination of cross-border projects involving various CMS local teams.
With over 12 years’ experience, her assistance included support with negotiations and drafting on various transaction and commercial documentation such as: sale and purchase agreements, shareholders’ agreements, investment agreements, management agreements and a wide range of commercial agreements across multiple business sectors.
– A CEE private equity firm on two market transforming transactions in the Romanian optical sector: the acquisition of the leading retail and distributor on the Romanian optical market and the add-on acquisition of the number 2 player in the Romanian optical retail market.
– The majority shareholder of a listed company in exploring available financing options, including a potential secondary public offering of shares held in the company.
– A leading private equity firm on the public mandatory takeover bid of Zentiva S.A., a Romanian listed pharmaceutical company.
– A leading Romanian bank in the IPO of its parent company in a foreign country, including various corporate related matters and an extensive due diligence investigation.
– A leading bank of the private sector in Greece and the second largest commercial bank in Greece, on the sale of a large-scale portfolio of corporate and retail non-performing and sub-performing loans.
– The largest manufacturer of footwear and fastest growing footwear company in Europe, listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange, on the acquisition of its franchised business in Romania that included a retail network of 56 footwear stores throughout Romania.
– A Germany-based private equity firm on its acquisition of European crafts business of a UK company, the world’s leading manufacturer of sewing threads, craft yarns and craft accessories, companies and assets in 19 jurisdictions, including Romania.
– A global insurance giant in relation to a complex cross-border merger of the Romanian business into an Irish company and a related intra-group restructuring process in order to continue its operation by way of two branches in Romania, including the related change in the ownership structure of two pension and insurance training subsidiaries in Romania.
– A significant player on the petroleum market with respect to an internal reorganization process also involving the change of the management structure from one-tier system to two-tier management system.
– A leading global provider of plastic packaging and the largest producer of packaging in Europe, on a number of acquisitions in Romania.
Memberships & Roles
Member of the Bucharest Bar Association.
2016 – LLM in Labour and Industrial Relations from the University of Bucharest, Romania.
2007 – BA in law from the University of Bucharest, Romania.