Cristina Ciomos is an associate in the CMS Corporate M&A team in the Bucharest office. She joined the firm in 2017 and since then has advised on both competition law matters as well as domestic and cross border transactions in a variety of sectors. She is, in particular, interested in the TMT and the Life Sciences and Healthcare sectors and advises a variety of clients, including strategic investors and private equity firms.
Cristina specialises in international and domestic M&A transactions, corporate restructurings, foreign direct investments, general corporate and commercial law, including doing business concerns and general contract matters. She is experienced in a broad range of national and international transactions, both sell- and buy-side as well as the assistance of clients in their ongoing corporate and commercial activities. Her practice also includes a wide range of antitrust and competition law matters, with a particular focus on cross-border and national merger control cases, compliance matters and state aid.
– On the Romanian aspects of the €18.4bn sale of Liberty Global’s European assets to Vodafone.
– On the Romanian aspects of Liberty Global on the €180m sale of its direct-to-home (DTH) satellite business to M7 Group.
– Zentiva on the Romanian aspects of its acquisition of pharmaceutical company Solacium and its subsidiary Be Well Pharma from Siyiara Enterprises – a holding entity of A&D Pharma / Dr. Max Group, as well as the related competition filing.
– A CEE private equity firm on two market transforming transactions in the Romanian optical sector: the acquisition of the leading retail and distributor on the Romanian optical market and the add-on acquisition of the number 2 player in the Romanian optical retail market.
– AFI Europe on competition clearance relating to its approximate EUR 300m share acquisition of six companies owning four Class A office projects in Romania from NEPI Rockcastle.
– CEE Equity Partners, the Investment Advisor to the China CEE Investment Co-operation Fund II, on competition clearance relating to its majority acquisition of Farmavet-Pasteur Group, including its Pasteur Filiala Filipesti and Farmavet businesses and the animal food/fodder production business of FNC Nutritie Pietroiu.
– The largest manufacturer of footwear and fastest growing footwear company in Europe, listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange, on the acquisition of its franchised business in Romania that included a retail network of 56 footwear stores throughout Romania, as well as competition clearance assistance.
Memberships & Roles
Member, Bucharest Bar Association.
2017 – LL.M., University of Manchester, Manchester.
2016 – LL.B., Babes-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca.