Address: 40 Ardealului Street, apt. 2, 013435, Bucharest, Romania
Mobile: +40 740 554 254
Tel/Fax: +40 311 044 050
• Partner of a Romanian law office focused on International Arbitration, Mergers and Acquisitions, Real Estate, Project Finance, having over 23 years of experience in legal matters.
• Advises on matters of international law, contract law, cross border jurisdiction. Assists clients in conciliation, mediation and arbitration proceedings in front of Romanian and international courts of arbitration and under various rules of arbitration (ICC, VIAC, UNCITRAL, ICSID and Court of International Commercial Arbitration – Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania- CICA CCIR).
• Acting as international arbitrator under the ICC Rules, DIS Rules, CICA CCIR Rules. Arbitrator listed with the Court of Arbitration- Romanian-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Vienna International Arbitration Centre (VIAC), Shenzhen Court of International Arbitration (SCIA) and Georgian Dispute Resolution Centre (DRC).
• Arbitration expertise is doubled by a strong knowledge in other fields of law, such as M&A/Privatisation, Banking & Finance, Real Estate and Project Finance. Participated in numerous large-scale mergers and acquisitions projects in various industries from IT & Communications to Real Estate and Banking, assisting during the bid selection processes, negotiation of transaction instruments, completion and post-completion phases. Holds extensive experience in complex investment risk assessments providing pre-litigation and post litigation guidance as well. Previously worked as Managing Associate and Co-Head of the International Arbitration Practice Group with major Romanian law firm, Popovici, Nițu Stoica & Asociații (2003-2014) and Senior Associate with Mușat & Asociații (1998-2003).
• Visiting Lecturer at the International Arbitration LL.M., Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest (since 2013 until the present). Previously teaching seminars on Civil Procedure Law (1998-2000).
• Editor in Chief – Revista Română de Arbitraj – Romanian Arbitration Journal, Wolters Kluwer Romania and Kluwer Arbitration (under the aegis of the Court of International Commercial Arbitration – Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania- CICA CCIR).
• Fellow with the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
• Graduated the ICC Advanced Arbitration Academy for Central and Eastern Europe, a unique two year basis advanced level training designed for professionals interested in pursuing a career as an international arbitrator held under auspices of the ICC Institute of World Business Law and ICC International Court of Arbitration.
• PhD in Civil Procedure awarded by the University of Bucharest – Faculty of Law with the highest academic distinction summa cum laude (2008) on “The Civil Trial Judge between a Pro-active Role and Arbitrariness”.
• Trained and registered mediator (2008).
• Fluent in Romanian and English. Grade A CAE English Certificate, University of Cambridge. Certified legal translator for English (2005). Good knowledge of French.
Memberships and Publications
• ICC Institute of World Business Law; International Council for Commercial Arbitration (ICCA) (2017); Institute for Transnational Arbitration (ITA) (2017); Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (2016); LCIA European Users’ Council (2013); Fellows and Legal Scholars of the Center for International Legal Studies; Bucharest Bar/Council of Bars and Law Societies of Europe (1999), R.E.AL. (2021) and support of RAI, the Pledge and Greener Arbitrations.
• New York State Bar Association (NYSBA).
• Published over 30 articles on civil procedure, international arbitration and commercial law. A list of publications and conferences is available upon request.