Carmen’s main practice area is dispute resolution, with a particular focus on public procurement and antitrust litigation. Carmen is also a Certified Expert in Public Procurement, accredited by the Ministry of Labor and Social Justice.With an MA in Employment law, Carmen’s activity also includes assisting clients from various industries in litigations related to dismissals, payment of wages and other complex matters in the field of social security.
Highlights of her activity include assisting:
– one of the largest energy producers in Romania before the European Court of Justice in challenging restrictions on electricity trading;
– two insurance companies in the most complex and high-profile cases ever handled by the Romanian Competition Council, challenging the decision of the authority imposing an aggregate fine of approx. EUR 17 million;
– one of the leading pharmaceutical groups in Romania in filing a complaint with the Romanian Competition Council for abuse of dominance in the form of margin squeeze. The competition authority found the complaint to be legitimate and applied the opposing party a EUR 12.8 million fine;
– a major international infrastructure contractor in a EUR 90 million FIDIC-based ICC arbitration against the Romanian national railway company and currently assisting the client in the annulment claim;
– a major Slovakian company active in the hydropower sector in relation to several issues stemming from a public procurement contract of approx. EUR 75 million;
– a major Spanish construction company with respect to several pre-litigious matters occurred during the execution of a public procurement contract in the amount of approx. EUR 268 million.