Bianca has advised clients, market-leading companies active in various industries such as tobacco, jewelry production, retail, banking and financial services, on employment issues such as complex restructuring projects, transfer of undertaking, collective negotiations, benefits and incentive schemes, as well as on general commercial matters, civil and commercial contracts. Her experience also includes assisting and representing clients in labour and civil lawsuits.
Highlights of her activity include assisting:
– a major pharmaceutical company in the integration process of a newly acquired company, aiming to streamline the organizational structure while involving complex issues related to employees’ protection under the transfer of undertaking (“TUPE”) regulations;
an international manufacturing group of companies in managing the termination of its multiple contractual relationships with a member of the top management team, which implied complex labour, commercial and civil contractual arrangements, as well as the subsequent implementation of a collective redundancy process;
– a top player on the tobacco industry, in relation to multiple restructuring processes aimed at reshaping the organizational structure, as well as lawsuits initiated I relation to such restructuring processes or aiming to incur the company’s civil liability for alleged acts of psychological harassment and discrimination;
– multiple clients in implementing alternative legal means to address the reduction of activity in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic, as well as other employment matters brought to the fore by the current pandemic related concerns (e.g. conditions applicable to telework, including when rendered abroad, health and safety, management of the vaccination rate among employees and discrimination based on vaccination status);
– a main actor in the field of waste management in relation to a lawsuit initiated by a former employee asking for the retroactive remuneration of more than 1,000 overtime hours;
– the Romanian subsidiary of a multinational group acting in tobacco industry in relation to a major disciplinary investigation regarding bribery and corruption deeds, harassment and discrimination, conflict of interests, poor management of contractors and services providers, potentially attributable to a middle-management employee.