Anna Morogai is a Senior Associate with the CMS Romania team, specialising in national and international dispute resolution and arbitration work in Romania. Anna’s practice spans all aspects of Energy, Infrastructure, Insurance, Commercial, Public Procurement and Tax litigation. She has featured in several major arbitration over the years. Anna regularly appears before courts of first instance as well as appeal courts, defending multinational companies. Anna is one of the best, clear and persuasive litigator in the CMS Romania team and is highly valued for her ability to effectively manage complex litigation cases, leading to successful outcomes.
Anna has a particular interest in international energy law and energy litigations having obtained her master’s degree in law with distinction from University College London.
– The Romanian subsidiary of a German based agricultural company in appeal proceedings regarding the amounts allegedly due under an intermediation agreement, dealing with multiple issues regarding proper representation of the companies under Romanian law, similarities between M&A deal and real estate transactions and alleged fake documentation.
– A leading global insurance company on pre-dispute assessment of avenues for reinsurance contract termination.
– A global IT solutions company with its breach of contract complaint against a major state-owned entity before the Court of International Commercial Arbitration in Bucharest.
– A significant EU based software and technology company in a real estate dispute with its landlord, dealing with multiple aspects related to automatic renewal of clauses in long term real estate lease agreements. The case was resolved in favour of the client.
– One of the largest EU based IT distributors in a VIAC arbitration procedure against its Romanian partner, who claims cancellation of a Business transfer agreement and return of the business to the initial owner; additionally, the client has raised counterclaims.
– A management consulting company in court proceedings to recognise and enforce in Romania an ICC arbitral award against a Hungarian state-owned company.
– A leading global renewables group in a series of disputes in connection with the development of a significant energy project (over EUR 300 million) in Romania.
Memberships & Roles
Bucharest Bar Association
CMS International Disputes Digest – 2022 Summer Edition
Lexology: Weather business in Romania. A forecast of opportunities and challenges – June 3, 2021
Lexology: Romania sells BITCOIN and ETHEREUM in public auction for the first time – March 16, 2021
Lexology: Romania to speed up enforcement of DAB decisions related to trans-European transport infrastructure projects – April 5, 2016
Lexology: Romania has a new Criminal Code – February 6, 2014
Lexology: Regulatory guidelines for MVNO approved in Romania – June 6, 2012
2018 – LLM, University College London, London.
2011 – LLB, Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest, Bucharest.