Alexandru Trandafir is an associate in the Real Estate and Construction team in Romania, specialising in real estate, administrative, energy and construction law. He regularly advises investors, developments and financial institutions in the office, retail, industrial, agricultural, energy and logistics sectors in Romania. Alexandru has been extensively involved in national and international asset acquisition transactions, project financing and due diligence exercises relating to potential acquisitions and financing projects in Romania and in Central and Eastern Europe.
– AFI Europe, a leading property investment and development group in Romania, on its approximate EUR 300m share acquisition of six companies owning four Class A office projects in Romania from NEPI Rockcastle, the premier owner and operator of shopping centres in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). This is the largest real estate transaction ever concluded in the Romanian office market and one of the biggest in CEE.
– Hidroelectrica, the Romanian majority state-owned hydro power producer, on the acquisition of an operational 108 MW wind farm located in Constanta county from STEAG group, one of the largest generators of electricity in Germany.
– DP World in the development of an intermodal railway terminal in Aiud, Alba county, advising on construction law matters and negotiating several construction agreements pertaining to the transaction.
– A leading multinational logistics company on its continuing extension into Romania, including negotiation of multiple asset acquisition agreements for plots of land in Romania from multiple natural and legal persons, negotiation of the related security packages and also advising on expropriation and zoning matters impacting the project.
– Leading national and international financial institutions on pending financing project for a Class A office project in Bucharest, Romania, which is developed by a leading office and residential real estate developer.
– A top multinational tech giant company on its relocation and extension in Bucharest including advising on all leasing matters and fit out agreements as well as construction law matters.
Memberships & Roles
Member, Bucharest Bar Association.
2017 – LLB, The Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest, Bucharest.