SENIOR ASSOCIATE act Botezatu Estrade Partners
Mobile: +40 748 163 590
Direct line: +40 21 260 78 55
Adrian is Senior Associate in our White Collar Crime Defense team and one of the best up-and-coming criminal lawyers in Romania.
Focused on the future and aware of the accelerated evolution of society, he concentrated his research on issues incident to criminal procedure law that are novel in Romania, such as international judicial cooperation, the transfer of electronic evidence or the new institution of the European Prosecutor’s Office. He has recently launched his book entitled European Public Prosecutor’s Office. Regulations. Controversies. Explanations.
Adrian has acquired a wealth of experience representing individuals and legal entities in the most complex economic and financial files of the last years, collaborating with the most prestigious law firms in the field of business criminal law in Romania.
• White Collar Crime Defense
Bar Admissions • Affiliations & Memberships
• Bucharest Bar Association
• European Criminal Bar Association
• European Fraud and Compliance Lawyers Association
• Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
• Association for Preventing and Combating Fraud
• PhD researcher, Criminal Procedure Law School of Advanced Studies of the Romanian Academy, Bucharest 2019 – present
• Criminal Sciences, Master University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law 2017 – 2018
• Legal Sciences, Bachelor University „Babeș-Bolyai” Cluj-Napoca, Faculty of Law 2013 – 2017
• Monthly contributor to the column “Practica judecătorească rezumată și comentată” in one of the most prestigious legal publication in Romania, Revista Dreptul
• The first Romanian lawyer to speak at an ECBA event outside Romania (more details here)
• Awarded “Rising Star in White Collar Crimes Matters” by Revista Română de Drept penal al afacerilor (2019)
• Awarded with “Dreptul” Journal Award for Scientific Research in the Field of Law by Law Review Romania (2020)
• External expert for Eurojust in EuroMed Justice Programme
• Expert that represented Romania for the Council of Europe in NA-FAMED (“Needs assessment – Falsified Medical Products”)
• Member of the working group set up at ECBA level, in charge of preparing certain materials for the exchange of know-how between criminal law lawyers in the Member States, which will be a useful tool in ensuring effective defences in EPPO proceedings
• He has published numerous articles in specialized magazines and constantly participates in national and international conferences.